Sunday, November 20, 2016

#WhyIWrite Project Memo- Blog #8


I am incredibly excited about my #WhyIWrite draft. At first, I was unsure if my list of resources would come together in the way I intended, but I am happy with my progress. My biggest concern was that I would be unable to find potential solutions to issues in the field of writing studies, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was concerned in vain. Writing means the world to me, and I think it's important to make it accessible to all kinds of students, especially those who might struggle and want to give up. I believe there is always a way to inspire.
I still have some work to do, but I am happy with my progress thus far. I'm hoping to have a final list of ten solutions, but as for now I am proud of the solid six I've compiled. I am looking forward to the peer-review session on Monday because I want to ensure that my list reflects back on the theme of our project (#WhyIWrite), and that the format is the best that it could be--or if there's anything I can do to make it more interesting.

Questions:

1. Does this effectively connect with the overarching #WhyIWrite theme?
2. Is there any way I can make this more interesting/engaging to students?
3. Is Google docs the most effective way of presenting this information?
4. As teachers, do you have ideas for more "solutions"? Is there anything you think I should look into that would help students be more interested in writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment